Herdin Record #:
The definition of care among Filipino nurses: Kalinga, Alaga, Aruga.
|1Norland Matthew T. Evangelista
|2Joseph Daniel G. Espinosa
|3Crisanto A. De Leon
|4Clarren B. Gabriana
|5Richard O. Bognot
|6Ryan Christian B. Sacay
|7Michael Joseph S. Diño
Our Lady of Fatima University
This study aimed to explore the definition of care among Filipino nurses.
The study aimed to determine the best nurse's interpretation of Kalinga, Alaga and Aruga using a qualitative design and interview conducted between June and August 2012 at Fatima University Medical Center, the informants were five (5) Filipino Registered Nurse's currently working in FUMC three (3) female nurses and two (2) male nurses. Semi-structured interview were used to collect data and analyzed through Cool and Warm analysis. The research findings showed that Kalinga, Alaga and Arugas has a three (3) caring dimensions that are connected to the caring, Alaga as the foundation of Filipino Nurse's Care, Kalinga as the Quality trademark of Filipino Nurse's Care, and Aruga as Caring beyond boarders
|Location||Call Number||Available Format||Availability|
|Our Lady of fatima University
1. Salustiano, R. P.. Introduction to Research in the Health Sciences 1st ed. Quezon City: C&E Publishing, Inc., 2009.
2. "Article Journal of Advanced Nursing " 55(2): 198-214, 2009
3. "Nursing Journal " 5, 33-40, 2009
4. Boykin, A. , Schoenhofer, S. . Nursing as caring: a model of transforming practice. Boston, Massachusetts, USA.: Jones and Bartlett, 2001.
5. Boyle, K. , Moddeman, G. , Mann, B. . "The importance of selected nursing activities to patients and their nurses." Applied Nursing Research 2(4): 173-177, 1989
6. Burtson , P. L., Stichler, J. F.. "Nursing work environment and nurse caring: relationship among motivational factors. " Journal of Advanced Nursing 66(8): 2010
7. Campbell, S. , Roland, M. , Buetow, S. . "Defining quality of care" Social Science and Medicine 51(II): 1611-1625, 2000
8. Chang, B. , Lee, J. , Pearson, M. , Kahn, K. , Elliot, M. , Rubenstein, L. . "Evaluating quality of nursing care: the gap between theory and practice." Journal of Nursing Administration 32(7-8): 405-418, 2002
9. Duffy, J. . In The Presence of Caring in Nursing (Gaut D., ed.),. The impact of nurse caring on patient outcomes New York: National League for Nursing, 1992. 113-136.
10. Larrabee, J. H., Bolden , L. V.. "Defining patient-perceived quality of nursing care. " Journal of Nursing Care Quality 16(1): 34-60, 2001
11. Lawrence, I. , Kear, M. . In J.A. Nelson & J. Watson (Eds.), Measuring caring: A compilation of international research on caritas as healing intervention.. The practice of loving-kindness to self and others as perceived by nurses and patients in the cardiac interventional unit (CIU). New York: Springer, 2011.
12. Nelson, J. W., Watson, J. , Inova Health, . In J. Watson (Ed.), Assessing and measuring caring in nursing and health science (2nd ed.). . Development of the Caring Factor Survery© (CFS), an inastrument to measure patient’s perceptions of carin New York: Springer, 2008.
13. "Measuring caring: A compilation of international research on caritas as healing intervention." ,
14. Watson, J. . Assessing And Measuring Caring In Nursing And Health Science New York: Springer, 2002.