Herdin Record #:
To stay or not to stay: Uncovering the essence of staying power among infertile couples from the Philippines.
Our Lady of Fatima University
This study wanted to characterize the essence of staying power among infertile couples in the Philippines.
With the increasing population of the Philippines, infertile couples are of often neglected, not on their medical status but on the psychological aspect that not having a child has its effects on to their relationship. Remarkably, there are infertile couples who managed to strive in their relationship that caused them to stay together, given the fact that they don't have their own child. The aim of this study is to characterize that staying power among the infertile couple in the Philippines not as an individual but as a couple. This is achieved by formulating qualitative questionnaires and given to those who experienced the formerly assumed problem. This study shows that the identified staying power coming from this study is the power of traits, the power of faith, and the power of love. As researchers, we believed that venturing into this topic will not only serve as a foundational supplementation for other researchers but it will also serve as an eye opener to every person that there are infertile couples who are striving on to stay in their relationship.
|Location||Call Number||Available Format||Availability|
|Our Lady of Fatima University
1. Bhattacharya, S. , Porter, M. , Amalraj, E. , Templeton, A. , Hamilton, M. , Lee, A. , Kurinezuk, J. J.. "The epidemiology of infertility in the North East of Scotland" Human Reproduction 24(12): 3096-3107, 2009
2. BUshnik, T. , Cook, J. L., Yuzpe, A. A., Tough, S. , Collins, J. . "Estimating the prevalence of infertility in Canada" Human Reproduction 27(3): 738-746, 2009
3. Chachamovich, J. , Chachamovich, E. , Fleck, M. P., Cordova, F. P., Knaught, D. , Passos, E. . "Congruence of quality of life among infertile men and women: findings from a couple-based study" Human Reproduction 24(9): 2151-2157, 2009
4. Greil, A. L., Shreffler, K. M., Schmidt, L. , McQuillan, J. . "Variation in distress among women with infertility: evidence from a population-based sample" Human Reproduction 26(8): 2101-2112, 2011
5. Nene, U. A., Coyaji, K. , Apte, H. . "Infertility: A label of choice in the case of sexually dysfunctional couples" Patient Education and Counseling 59(3): 234-238, 2005
6. Quattrini, F. , Ciccarone, M. , Tatoni, F. , Vittori, G. . "Psychological and sexological assessment of the infertile couple" Sexologies 19(1): 15-19, 2010
7. Smorti, M. , Smorti, A. . "Transition to Parenthood in Infertile Couples" Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 46, 527-531, 2012
8. Van den Broeck, U. , Emery, M. , Wischmann, T. , Thorn, P. . "Counselling in infertility: Individual, couple and group interventions" Patient Education and Counseling 81(3): 422-428, 2010
9. White, L. , McQuillan, J. , Greil, A. L., Johnson, D. R.. "Infertility: Testing a helpseeking model" Social Science & Medicine 62(4): 1031-1041, 2006
10. Yeung, C. H., Tuttelmann, F. , Bergmann, M. , Nordhoff, V. , Vorona, E. , Cooper, T. G.. "Coiled sperm from infertile patients: characteristics, associated factors and biological implication" Human Reproduction 24(6): 1288-1295, 2009